To actually write this post, is probably one of the final steps of letting go for me. For the past year, we have struggled with infertility, struggled over buying the perfect house, and been in a place of non-movement. Well, in those areas anyway. Lots of movement career wise and a lot of movement and growth with Sweet Boy. We have grown tremendously as individuals, as a couple, and as a family.
We both had this amazing breakthrough this weekend, that it doesn't need to really be a struggle anymore. We really looked at what it would be like to keep our family the same size. It was so beautiful have such an appreciation for the life we have with the three of us. We can keep our same house, and same mortgage, have it paid of in 10 years. We can travel the world with Sweet Boy. We can retire early. We can play. We can find ways to make a difference in the lives around us.
My Beloved has found a new passion for her work. Over the past year, she has dissolved her private practice and she got a job in an academic environment. For the first time in a long time, she will work in a team environment. Yes, students pondering the meaning of life, which means not as many clients in complete crisis. Also, she was given a very generous opportunity to attend an integral coaching workshop and officially work as an integral coach in the future. I can't wait. When she talks about the idea of helping others see their greatness through integrated modalities she lights up. I have a new passion for my work as well. Life is good.
I have moments of sadness and mourning. I have more moments of peace and feeling we are on the right path. Sweet Boy has his tough moments, but I love every part of him, and every experience we get to grow from. Good and bad. He really needs us to show up for him right now, and I love the feeling knowing that we can breathe easy and give him what he needs. I can give me what I need. My lover and I can experience the world. Life can be simple. I need it to be simple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh I also had my own letting go this last week (or two) and I know both how sweet it is and how sad it is.
I know how you can be glad at the release of tension and stress, and how sad that the weight is gone and now that hand doesn't know what to do anymore.
Post a Comment