Thursday, February 7, 2008

Community

The thing my beloved and I do the best, and feeds me the most, is simply being. We are good at that. Lovers more than doers. We kind of live in our little world. Most time has been spent with family and our few very closest friends.

I have come to love and truly appreciate my community. We have different friends. Some we see every week and some we see a few times a year, and I love and value all of them. I've come to most appreciate Wednesday night dinners with our friend P and her kids. It is so nice to be able to talk about the deeper things as adults and let the kids play. Sweet boy has really come to love them. He hugs them when he walks in, when he leaves, and says he is looking forward to next week. He gets so excited when we pick him up on Wednesday nights.

Recently, we had a lovely spontaneous breakfast with sweet K and C, and a S*perBowl party with some other friends, and about a month ago, a nice breakfast with a friend I don't see very often. This week, we are having a super fancy birthday party for a special friend. By heart, I am an entertainer, but we've had this story about needing our house to be bigger, remodeled, etc. It has been so nice to let all of that go and to know that the people in our world don't care. They just love us and want to share in the good energy of our small, quaint home. We did buy new dishes for the party though. We've never bought good matching dishes, and we wanted this party to be special, so we splurged a little. It is amazing what you can do without major remodeling. Changing a few lights here and there, getting a new coffee table, hang new drapes (thanks K and C!), get new dishes. It can really change the feel of things and I love our house all over again. K - I promise we will have game night in the next couple of months.

1 comment:

Keri said...

I won't let you off the hook by saying, "i won't hold my breath" - in fact, I AM holding my breath because I want to see you THAT badly! :)
We had a nice time over there the other day. Your home is just that - a home.
Love you.